Tuesday, October 11, 2022

MY INTERVIEW OF ROMANCE AND COOKBOOK AUTHOR SLOANE TAYLOR

 

Romance and cookbook author Sloane Taylor never met a romance that wasn’t made even better by time spent in the kitchen. She is also the leader of AUTHORS MOVING FORWARD (AMF), a group of writers who work together to promote one another’s books, of which I am a member. I am thrilled and grateful that she said ‘yes’ to my request to interview her. –Linda Lee Greene Author/Artist

 

“Hello Sloane and welcome.”

  

Thank you for having me out today, Linda. I appreciate this opportunity to sit down with you and chat.”

 

“In 50 words or fewer, please tell readers what you want them to know about the personal you?”

 


“I’m a complete romantic and proud of it. I love when my husband opens doors for me or makes reservations at a restaurant. Don’t get me wrong, I know there’s a real world that’s not always nice but I enjoy and appreciate the niceties of life and kind acts.”

 

“In 50 words or fewer, tell readers what you want them to know about the writer you, if you will?”

 

“I wrote and had published 17 sexually explicit romance books. There are only so many positions! I needed a serious change. So, I let my real passion in life, cooking and creating new recipes, take control. My favorite uncle piqued my interest in cooking when I was just a little girl. I am always grateful he did that for me.”

 

“What motivated you to begin writing?”

 

“After my first husband died, images, like in a silent movie, began playing in my head. They were driving me crazy. The only way to stop them was to write down the scenes in a notebook. An author friend introduced me to a publisher and a new career was started. The ride has been crazy, but definitely fun.”

 

“Do you shoot for a grand purpose and/or a message for readers in your work?”

 

“No, I never thought about a grand purpose. When I was writing romance I wanted the world to retain a bit of romance—to keep the magic of love alive.”

 

“Do you write in a specific genre, or in a range of genres?”

 

“Now I write cookbooks with no desire to change paths. I have four published cookbooks, about to release the fifth, and the sixth is in the early stages of recipe testing. That’s the part my husband likes best as he’s the official food tester.”

 

“Tell readers about your latest book: Include the title, blurb, purchase link, and photo of the cover. And what motivated you to write this book?”

 

“Italy and romance are synonymous to me. The country is steeped in amazing history. Along with that, Italian cooking and the beautiful presentation of the food, especially the order of courses, has always intrigued me. The mouthwatering aromas when meals are cooking win over even the pickiest eater. And the dishes are easy to prepare. A handful of this, a pinch of that, and the cook has created a wonderful meal for all to enjoy. Add a glass or two of a good wine and the evening is sure to be a success.

 

“Here's a bit from my Italian cookbook:”

 

Date Night Dinners Italian Style



Good food, good wine, good company—the three main ingredients of a great date night.

Why fight the restaurant crowds when you can create romance in your own kitchen? Italian cuisine, with its time-honored mealtime traditions, is a natural fit for an intimate night in.

Award-winning romance author Sloane Taylor makes it simple to select and prepare a mouthwatering menu to spice up that special night!

•All recipes are proportioned for two—and expandable for a crowd or freezable leftovers.

•No exotic or hard-to-find ingredients. Everything you need is in your pantry or fresh at your local grocery.

•Easy, healthy, easy-to-follow recipes, from prep to presentation.

•Mix-and-match to create a unique dining experience, or follow Sloane’s sample menus.

•Wine pairing suggestions to complement each dish.

•Cooking tips to effortlessly move your date-night agenda from the kitchen to…wherever you’ll most enjoy

Night Dinners Italian Style is part of Sloane Taylor’s “Meals to Make Together” series.

 

Amazon Buy Link https://www.amazon.com/dp/1737224801

 

 

“Do you have a work in progress (WIP)? If so, please give readers a sneak peak of it?”

 


“Hot Men Wear Aprons is almost ready to release. The goal is to have it out by late October. This book is geared for the King of the Kitchen and the New Guy at the Stove. Because it is a man’s cookbook, the contents include grilling, breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes. It took two years to create and test, and then to retest all the recipes to fine-tune them.”

 

“In your best dream for your future, where would you like to be both in your personal and writing life?”

 

“I would love to spend six months in Europe, traveling from country to country, taking cooking classes, making friends, and preparing sumptuous meals. Hey, a girl can dream. Right? LOL In reality I’d like to teach young children the fun side of cooking, and then write a cookbook strictly for 6 – 13 year-old boys and girls. To me that would be fun!”

 

 

 “In 10 words or fewer, please share with readers your personal motto? In other words, what gets you up in the morning and keeps you up and going?”

 

“The cursed deadline! They hang over every writer no matter what.”

 

“How do you prefer readers to contact you directly?”

 

“The best way is through my website http://www.sloanetaylor.com/ Those messages shoot into my inbox the second the writer hits send.

 

“Thank you again, Linda, for allowing me to spend time with you. It’s been fun!”

 

Sloane

Facebook (20+) Sloane Taylor | Facebook

Blogger https://sloanetaylor.blogspot.com

Twitter (19) Sloane Taylor (@sloanetaylor2) / Twitter


#Romance, #Cookbooks, #ItalianCooking, #SloaneTaylor, #MealsToMakeTogether 

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. You are awesome, Linda! Thank you for allowing me to be on your blog. I do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my complete pleasure, Sloane. Thanks for your participation.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful interview, ladies! Looking forward to your new cookbook, Sloane. What a great stocking stuffer for my hubby. Wink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon, for the compliment and all your support.

      Delete