Sunday, October 2, 2022

AN INTERVIEW OF AUTHOR ANNE MONTGOMERY

 

Author Anne Montgomery and I are fellow members of AUTHORS MOVING FORWARD (AMF). It is a group of writers from various parts of the world whom on a daily basis works very hard to promote one another’s books by way of posts on our individual blogs, as well as sharing on an array of social media sites. Added benefits are the friendships that blossom and grow among us and an inside track on some really great reading. I highly recommend Anne Montgomery’s work. Not only is it entertaining, but it is also educational.

 

It is my great pleasure to shine my particular spotlight on author Anne Montgomery. –Linda Lee Greene Author/Artist

 

AN INTERVIEW OF GUEST AUTHOR

Anne Montgomery

 


 

 

In 50 words or fewer, tell readers what you want them to know about the personal you?

I enjoy doing a wide variety of things. I’ve been a sports reporter in TV and print, a teacher, an author, and an amateur sports official where I worked football, baseball, ice hockey, soccer, and basketball. I’m a foster mom and love rock collecting, scuba diving, and playing my guitar.

 

In 50 words or fewer, tell readers what you want them to know about the writer you?

 

It’s rather surprising to old friends that I’m an author, since I rarely read when I was young. I’m dyslexic, which I didn’t realize until I was in my forties, so my becoming a writer was completely unexpected.

 

What motivated you to begin writing?

 

I began writing stories when I became a TV sports reporter. Later, when I was deemed no longer pretty enough to be in front of a camera, I moved into print reporting where the stories got longer. Jumping to novels was just an extension of what I was already doing.

 

Do you shoot for a grand purpose and/or a message for readers in your work?

 

I’ve written about many diverse topics: PTSD, child abuse, religious cults, archeological looting, history, rape, domestic violence, and the degradation of our environment. I want readers to stop, think about the world around them, and consider what they can do to make our planet a better place for all creatures.

 

Do you write in a specific genre, or in a range of genres?

 

To my agent’s dismay, I write in many genres, which makes it hard to keep a reader base. My books have been categorized as contemporary fiction, suspense, young adult fiction, historical fiction, and women’s fiction. I write about what interests me.

 

Tell readers about your latest book: Title, blurb, purchase link, jpeg of the cover.

What motivated you to write this book?

 

I was hired to write a magazine article about a man who was buried 900 years ago in the mountains of Arizona. My research became Wolf Catcher.

 


 

 

The past and present collide when a tenacious reporter seeks information on an eleventh century magician…and uncovers more than she bargained for.


In 1939, archeologists uncovered a tomb at the Northern Arizona site called Ridge Ruin. The man, bedecked in fine turquoise jewelry and intricate bead work, was surrounded by wooden swords with handles carved into animal hooves and human hands. The Hopi workers stepped back from the grave, knowing what the Moochiwimi sticks meant. This man, buried nine hundred years earlier, was a magician.

Former television journalist Kate Butler hangs on to her investigative reporting career by writing freelance magazine articles. Her research on The Magician shows he bore some European facial characteristics and physical qualities that made him different from the people who buried him. Her quest to discover The Magician’s origin carries her back to a time when the high desert world was shattered by the birth of a volcano and into the present-day dangers of archeological looting where black market sales of antiquities can lead to murder.

https://www.amazon.com/Wolf-Catcher-Anne-Montgomery-ebook/dp/B09MV1H4N3/

 

Do you have a work in progress (WIP)?  If so, please give readers a sneak peak of it?

 

Based on a handful of old letters and inspired by a true story, Forgotten Sons is about the mysterious death of a soldier at the end of World War II. I am also working on a modern-day novel about an interracial couple living on the Caribbean island of St. Croix.

 

In your best dream for your future, where would you like to be both in your personal and writing life?

 

I’d like to live on St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands where I currently have a home. However, right now, I only have the option of visiting. While a Netflix series based on one of my books would be lovely, good health and peace might be even better. 

 

In 10 words or fewer, please share with readers your personal motto? In other words, what gets you up in the morning and keeps you up and going?

 

Don’t fear failure and always have a sense of humor.

 

How do you prefer readers to contact you directly?

 

annemontgomeryauthor@gmail.com

 

Is there anything else you want to share with readers? Please keep it short and simple.

 

            When choosing books, every once in a while reach for something different.

 

Anne Montgomery, thank you kindly for your participation. –Linda Lee Greene Author/Artist

#AnneMontgomery, #WolfCatcher, #Archaeology, #AmericanAuthors, #ContemporaryFiction, #Suspense, #YoungAdultFiction, #HistoricalFiction, #Women'sFiction  

 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Linda, for having me on your blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Vonnie. I would love to interview you sometime. xo

    ReplyDelete