Sunday, March 29, 2020

INSIDE THE TICKING MOMENTS OF A PANDEMIC – I


INSIDE THE TICKING MOMENTS OF A PANDEMIC – I – Linda Lee Greene, March 29, 2020, Columbus, Ohio, USA



This particular date of the 29th of March holds much meaning for me. It would have been the 97th birthday of my mother, if she were still alive. It also marks the sixth anniversary of the death of my father. My mind locks onto my parents this morning as in my peripheral senses the news on my television reports that globally over a half million souls are known to have been infected with a silent enemy termed as, “Coronavirus.” It is a virus that explodes in the human body as a grievous illness called “Covid-19.” With such a name, it should be a murderous alien being from outer space—but no! It is a wholly earthbound thing. There is no pointing the finger anywhere other than at us earthlings. Among the 600,000+ global citizens struck down with Covid-19, nearly 32,000 of them have died. The United States of America records the largest number on the planet of individuals known to be afflicted: approaching 134,000 at this hour, and among them, almost 2,400 deaths. The numbers rise by the millisecond.

On the summer evening in 1992 that my mother passed away, she was in her bedroom of her own home, and during all of the several months of her final illness, she was comforted minute-by-minute by loving family, friends, and hospice workers. The same is true of my father’s final days six years ago today. The grim reality is that if my parents were still here, they would be locked-down in self-isolation, and more than likely alone and terrified if they were sickened and then taken by the illness. I can think of little else sadder and more regrettable. Such an ending for my parents would haunt me until my own dying day. My heart breaks for my brothers and sisters across the world who are facing just that consequence.

The matter of whether or not people are surrounded by loved-ones or are alone and terrified during their transition from life to death is a glaring side issue of the killer pandemic that is the world’s current reality. Coronavirus is so highly contagious that it is necessary to maintain social distancing. Distancing from an infected patient is absolutely essential. The result is that the majority of persons who have lost, or will lose, their lives to Covid-19, have died alone and terrified. Such an outcome is so awful that it defies reason.

Our priorities are so out of sync with our greatest well-being. So much repairing needs to be done in every area of human life. I pray that the jobs of the new day following coronavirus are all about accomplishing the vital fixes.©          




1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone, Are you into trading or just wish to give it a try, please becareful on the platform you choose to invest on and the manager you choose to manage your account because that’s where failure starts from be wise. After reading so much comment i had to give trading tips a try, I have to come to the conclusion that binary options pays massively but the masses has refused to show us the right way to earn That’s why I have to give trading tips the accolades because they have been so helpful to traders . For a free masterclass strategy kindly contact (paytondyian699@gmail.com) for a free masterclass strategy. He'll give you a free tutors on how you can earn and recover your losses in trading for free..

    ReplyDelete