Saturday, December 24, 2022

Where Are the Little Critters?


 


There are no paw- or claw-prints in the snow that blankets my patio. This clean snow-slate makes me feel lonely for the furry and winged creatures that normally visit my place and keep me connected to Mother Nature’s little lifeforms. It also worries me for them…where are they? Are they hunkered down in safe and warm places? God, I pray it is so.

 

My first, early New Year’s resolution is to lay in a birdfeeder and seed as soon as it is safe to drive to a store that sells them. In the meantime, I don slacks and sweater, long down-filled coat and boots, headscarf and gloves and put out chunks of hardened bread on a plate for the critters. A prayer is on my lips that it will help to tide them over until I can do better for them. And then maybe they will come back to me. -Linda Lee Greene

#snowstorm, #FurryCreatures, #WingedCreatures, #Critters, #MotherNature, #BirdFeeders, #BirdSeed, #AuthorArtist, #LindaLeeGreene 

No comments:

Post a Comment