Tuesday, November 15, 2022

MEET MARINA SARDAROVA, ALSO KNOWN AS AUTHOR STELLA MAY

My friend, Marina Sardarova who writes under the pen-name of Stella May, accepted my invitation to answer a few of my questions about her life and work. It is my great pleasure to introduce you to her on my blog today. Just let me say that if you are in the mood to be swept away by some really good books, I highly recommend that you find your way to her work. To help you in that effort, purchase links to her books are listed below. –Linda Lee Greene Author/Artist

  

In 50 words or fewer, please tell readers what you want them to know about the personal you?

 


I was born in the sixties of the last century in a country that doesn’t exist anymore: the former Soviet Union. However, I am not Russian–I’m Armenian and proud of my heritage. My family and I immigrated to the USA in 1991. I live in Jacksonville, FL with my husband and son. Literature and music are my two great passions.

In 50 words or fewer, tell readers what you want them to know about the writer you?

I am a Gemini, so there are two of us. Literally. My name is Marina Sardarova. Stella May is my pen name. In many regards, we are very different, even though she is me. I am a shy person, introvert. She’s more daring, braver, and self-assured. I am no stranger to self-doubts. She knows exactly what she wants and goes for it. And she writes because she loves it and because she has stories inside of her.

What motivated you to begin writing?

A visceral need to tell a story brewing inside.

Do you shoot for a grand purpose and/or a message for readers in your work?

Frankly, I don’t think about a grand purpose while writing my books. But my main message is: love is everything.

Do you write in a specific genre, or in a range of genres?

My first trilogy ‘Once & Forever’ is a family saga, the story totally grounded in reality. My next book ‘Rhapsody in Dreams’ is a cross-genre between a real life romance and fantasy. My series ‘Upon A Time’ is a time-travel romance adventure. I always was drawn to the sprinkle of magic in a real life.

Tell readers about your latest book: Title, blurb, purchase link, jpeg of the cover.

What motivated you to write this book?

My latest book ‘Time& Again’ is book two of my time-travel series.


 

Blurb: Once the portal is closed, there’s no going back. Or forward. Or is there?

Nika has been back in her own time for months, but with the portal to 1909 closed, she fears Eli believes those terrible accusations. Suddenly Eli appears, but in order to live out their destiny, there is more than one emotional bridge to rebuild.

https://www.amazon.com/Time.../dp/B0B7ZKXHS3/ref=sr_1_1...

https://books2read.com/u/3n5lMK

https://play.google.com/.../details/Stella_May_Time_Again...

Do you have a work in progress (WIP)?  If so, please give readers a sneak peak of it?

The third book in the Upon A Time Series is titled ‘No Other Time’, and is currently in the editing phase. I hope to introduce readers to it before Christmas. In this book, two of my secondary characters step forward, taking a center stage. I hope the readers will enjoy reading this story as much as I loved writing it.

In your best dream for your future, where would you like to be both in your personal and writing life?

Right here, in my beautiful sunny Florida, with my two best men, my husband of 34 years, and my wonderful son, and writing my heart out.

In 10 words or fewer, please share with readers your personal motto? In other words, what gets you up in the morning and keeps you up and going?

I have two mottoes I live by. First one-- be yourself, everybody else is already taken. And second-- seek magic everywhere.

What gets me up and running? My family and my writing.

How do you prefer readers to contact you directly?

Via my email stellamay1205@gmail.com, or via my website

 www.stellamayauthor.com/contact

Is there anything else you want to share with readers?

Thank you for reading my books!

#StellaMay, #MarinaSardarova, #TimeTravelStories, #Romance, #UponATimeSeries, #NoOtherTime, #Once&Forever, #RhapsodyInDreams, #LindaLeeGreene, #AuthorArtist

 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting my interview. I greatly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure, Marina. Thanks for such a great interview.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing a part of yourself and your writing life with us, Marina! Great questions, Linda! Cheers, ladies!

    ReplyDelete