Thursday, December 2, 2021

HAVE A POT WILL TRAVEL

 

From Linda Lee Greene Author/Artist

The dictionary defines the word “crucible” as, “A situation of severe trial, in which different elements interact and lead to the creation of something new.” An example might be a marriage that is strengthened and renewed in the crucible of devastating illness, or financial loss, or even infidelity.

          The idea of a mysterious pot that travels around the world and shows up in the life of a fictional character, a pot that creates a crucible through which the character surmounts barriers to the discovery of the next chapter of his/her fate, came to me a while back, and I wrote a story about it. It grew to a manuscript and then a book. The same pot set out on yet a new adventure, which led to a second book. The pot didn’t stop there—it stationed itself in my mind as brewing ingredients of a third book. Apparently, I have a series in the making.

The prelude of each of the stories reads: “Make me large for a pot and impressive,” the clay spoke through the hands of the potter. “In the rough texture of my mud, give me a history too intriguing and beauty too irresistible for the navigators of my path to ignore. Put luminosity in my pigmentation so that no matter the quality of the darkness, I will at all times attract the light. Make my skin so impermeable that it will withstand ice and heat and cyclones and hurricanes and tornadoes on land, and fathomless depths of oceans and gales and storms on seas, for I will inhabit many lands and voyage across countless bodies of water before my quest is through. With all of these things, give me flexibility, for like Tennyson's Ulysses, I will become a part of all I meet.” And so, the potter obeyed.

It is my great pleasure to bring to readers the first novel in my traveling pot series. It is titled GARDEN OF THE SPIRITS OF THE POTS: A SPIRITUAL ODYSSEY and is available now in eBook and/or paperback. Just click the following link/URL and it will take you straight to the page on Amazon at which you can purchase it. https://www.amazon.com/GARDEN-SPIRITS-POTS-SPIRITUAL-ODYSSEY-ebook/dp/B09JM7YL6F/

 

#Novella, #eBook, #Paperback, #Pottery, #NewRelease, #BookLaunch, #GardenoftheSpiritsofthePots, #LindaLeeGreene

 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats, Linda! Best wishes for a bestseller, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting,creative, and well-written novel. My compliments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wonderful review of my book, Pamela. Please stay safe, well, and warm. All my best.

      Delete